Aba dating hillel jewish Egypt girls chat on line

According to the government survey of 1931, four shops were operating in town, two of them were Jewish, a textile shop and a pharmacy.

According to the same survey, Jews also owned a sawmill, a flourmill, a wool–combing shop and a leather factory.

About fifteen Jewish men and women, suspected being Communists were detained and transferred to jail in Rasein.

aba dating hillel jewish-47

With the annexation of Lithuania to the Soviet Union and the change of its status to a Soviet republic in the summer of 1940, nationalization of factories and larger shops owned mostly by Jews, followed.

All Zionist parties and youth organizations were disbanded, and Hebrew educational institutions were closed.

As indicated in the Hebrew newspaper Ha Melitz dating back to the years 18, the list of contributors for the settlement of Eretz Yisrael included the names of 61 Vidukle Jews (see Appendix 1). During World War I, the Russian military set May 5, 1915 as the date for the exile of Vidukle Jews to inner Russia, but the Germans occupied the town a week before, consequently permitting the Vidukle Jews to stay.

After the war, in 1918, an independent Lithuanian state was established.

The community maintained a library filled with Hebrew and Yiddish books.

Many of the Vidukle Jews belonged to the Zionist camp and were supporters of almost all Zionist parties, as one can see in the distribution of votes for the Zionist congresses in the table below: A few young people from Vidukle joined the Akhvah (Fraternity) group from Kovno that emigrated to Eretz Yisrael in 1920 and joined the founders of the Kibbutz Sarid.

Jewish children acquired their elementary education at the Hebrew Tarbuth School, and some of the boys attended the Heder.

Some graduates continued their studies at the Kelm or Telz yeshivoth.

Vidukle can be found in the northwestern part of Lithuania, in the Zamut (Zemaitija) region, stretching along the main Kaunas– Klaipeda road, about 14 km.

to the northwest of the Raseiniai district administrative center.

In 1937, fifteen Jewish tradesmen worked in Vidukle: three tailors, two bakers, two glaziers, two butchers, one oven builder and five others.

Tags: , ,